Your browser does not support JavaScript! Intramural Sports - Life as a Captain - Christopher Newport University
Life as a Captain
Travis Rocha

Intramural Sports

by Travis Rocha

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Student Life

Intramural sports are a big deal at Christopher Newport. We all love to compete, but it’s nice to not have to commit to a NCAA practice schedule every day. A lot of organizations on campus form teams, but groups of friends can also band together to make a team. Last year, one of the halls in York West made a team! I’m a brother of Psi Upsilon on campus, and we have teams for just about every intramural sport.

Some of the sports offered include basketball, football, soccer, dodgeball, softball and volleyball. Believe me, it can get pretty heated on the field/court. There’s definitely some playful taunting at every game, but it’s all in good fun. This semester, I didn’t sign up for any intramurals, but I still like to show up to the games and show my support for my brothers. The prize for winning the intramural championship is the coveted intramural winners’ T-shirt. It may not sound like much, but plenty of blood, sweat and tears have been sacrificed in pursuit of that famous fashion piece.

I love how everyone can participate in something, no matter what the skill level. There really is something for everyone here at Christopher Newport. Tonight, I’m going to see an intramural football game with my friends, and I can’t wait!

Report a problem
Version 3.4