Your browser does not support JavaScript! Mozzarella Sticks and Where to Find Them - Life as a Captain - Christopher Newport University
Life as a Captain
Travis Rocha

Mozzarella Sticks and Where to Find Them

by Travis Rocha

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Student Life

Last year, as a freshman at Christopher Newport, I knew I wanted to get heavily involved on campus. One of my main goals was to get an on-campus job, which I did! I’m a student blogger and I couldn’t be happier. The first post I wrote was on the mozzarella sticks from the Regattas dining hall. Now, a year later, I’m a little older and a little wiser; and I still definitely love mozzarella sticks.

The coveted mozzarella sticks from Regattas still make their monthly appearance (which I look forward to with each new day), but there’s plenty more fried mozzarella to be found around campus. For example, I now know that Discovery Grill sells them every day. This is a blessing and a curse as I now have all-day access, but also spend way, way too much of my dining dollars on them. In addition, Commons also serves mozzarella sticks every so often. Though, just because they’re from a dining hall doesn’t mean they’re the same as Regattas; in fact, they are distinctly different, as are the ones from Discovery Grill. Equally delicious, but definitely different.

With almost a year and a half under my belt as a Captain, I not only have grown to love my college even more, but also to appreciate and acknowledge all of the small, little details that make Christopher Newport great. Last year, I wrote that the mozzarella sticks represent something larger – they’re representative of the oddly specific things that every Christopher Newport student ends up falling in love with here. Now, I both literally and figuratively find them everywhere, not just once a month in Regattas. No matter where I go on campus, I find something I love, a mozzarella stick. So, if you’re looking for some too, you can find them at Christopher Newport.

Report a problem
Version 3.4