- To introduce all of our students to the richness of science and engineering as a human endeavor and to emphasize their importance and utility in our lives.
- To enhance awareness of the interaction between science and the other disciplines.
- To prepare our graduates to enter careers as competent scientists, engineers and educators.
- To give our students the lifelong learning and leadership skills that enable them to grow in their professions and advance to positions of responsibility.
- To be recognized widely as a group of individuals engaged in and contributing to our various communities.